Current Job Openings
JOB TITLE: Account Manager
REPORTS TO: Compliance Director
The Vendor Relations Manager is responsible for driving profitable business results and operational excellence by
creating and developing relationships with Lone Star’s vendor base. This role will be responsible for procuring new
vendors and managing existing vendors while ensuring compliance with Lone Star’s policies and requirements. You will
also interact with Lone Star team members on vendor issues to ensure that vendor expectations are always met, and the
vendor obligation is fulfilled.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Target, identify, screen, and recruit prospective vendor partners.
- Responsible for developing new vendor relationships, managing, and maintaining relationships with current vendors.
- Use negotiation skills with vendors. Assist vendor with opening new accounts.
- Ensure all state licensing requirements have been fulfilled.
- Ensure FDA registration of all licenses.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills with the ability to work effectively and independently.
- Coordinate vendor contracts and new vendor set up documentation.
- Handle special requests for new accounts and products.
- Responsible for quality control of inbound product from vendors.
- Assist vendors with obtaining wholesale license, application, and communication if necessary.
- Be aware of, and knowledgeable about, all policies and procedures pertaining to the operations of the wholesale distributor.
- Work with other departments involved in the Vendor Management Process (Finance, OPS, Logistics, Purchasing)
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILITIES:
- Self-starter – able to manage time wisely without constant supervision.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Maintain high level of confidentiality regarding any/all supplier related topics.
- Have established organization skills/structure.
- Excellent follow-up skills with vendors and regulatory agencies.
- Strong data analysis and analytical skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Able to perform optimally within a fast-paced environment.
EDUCATION / PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in Business Management, Supply Chain Management or Pharmacy
- Have a minimum of ten years of verifiable full time account management experience or related, relevant experience.
- Desire to continually expand existing knowledge base.